I think we get so excited about a new year rolling in that we forget to properly say goodbye to the one rolling out. So this is my goodbye to 2013.
A lot of things happened in 2013 in so many ways.
Here are a few at Cultivate Church:
- – We celebrated the first birthday of Cultivate Church.
- – We had our first big interruption at Cultivate moving to a new school temporarily over the summer.
- – We said goodbye to a part of the team at Cultivate, Derek and Nikki Dale (we are proud of you guys!).
- – In November we began construction on the new home for Cultivate Church (no more portable!).
- – Babies were born, couples were married, people said yes to Jesus, people were baptized, and changed for eternity!
- – Cultivate Church was almost featured on a reality show (Bet you didn’t know that. It’s true though).
Here are a few from my personal life:
- – Jen and I celebrated five years of marriage (the best five years ever!).
- – Jen and I completed our first year going to the gym and getting healthy (Hulk Hogan who?).
- – Jen and I were expecting to bring a new baby into the world but miscarried due to a tubular pregnancy (God can when we can’t).
- I was able to take my mom on her first plane ride (Thanks again Frank!).
- I celebrated 30 years of life! (30 was a tough milestone for me)
- I celebrated 25 years of knowing Jesus!
- I celebrated 15 years of ministry!
All in all God blessed me greatly with much much more than I deserve. I’m thankful for 2013 and all of you who were a part of it with me. So with that proper goodbye, welcome 2014!