I’m excited to have my Pastor, Frankie Powell, at Cultivate Church this weekend. Without his leadership and support, Cultivate Church would not be doing what it is today. It’s been on my mind for several months the things that I have learned from him that affect my life daily. Since he is joining us this weekend, I thought it might be a proper time to share the top 5 things I’ve learned from him (in no particular order).
- Take Risk – Most people say play it safe. Take the easy route. But Pastor Frankie has always encouraged me to take risk. He always says “better to have tried and failed than to have never tried at all.” This kind of encouragement helped lead to the planting of Cultivate Church.
- Live By Principal – God’s Word is full of principals for life. I’ve watched him communicate this through both the Word and his life. He always says “find the principal and live by it.”
- Life is More Than Stuff – Culture says get as much as you can, but I’ve watched Pastor Frankie give way more than he collects. Life isn’t about what you collect, but what you give away. This includes your time, talent, and treasures.
- Be a Good Steward – No matter how big or small, Pastor has always stressed to be a good steward of the things God gives us. At each stage of my life and ministry he has always encouraged me to be a good steward so God is able to trust me with more.
- Be on Time – If you know Pastor Frankie you know this to be true. He helped change this bad habit of my life, and I now pass this along to those under my leadership. It honors people and God.
Pastor Frankie has impacted my life in more ways than can be written. His fingerprint in on my life and Cultivate Church. I encourage you to join us this Sunday. I know your life will be impacted as well.
Life on Purpose